Today I ran my first ever half marathon. I'm tired so this is going to be short.
The race started and finished in Tokyo's Olympic Stadium, home to the 1964 XVII Olympiad so it's the first Olympic track I ran on - not bad for one day.
Officially, it took me 2 hours and 11 minutes (by my watch it took 3 minutes less). One negative note, this is the second race I've run since coming to Japan and I have zero medals to show for it...unheard of in the US. Nic wasn't able to make it because she didn't feel well - first race she has ever missed! I was sad that she wasn't there to motivate me but I knew she'd be proud of me so I kept "fighting" - that's what the Japanese spectators urge you on with..."keep fighting."
Thanks to the stranger who offered to take my picture.
The race started and finished in Tokyo's Olympic Stadium, home to the 1964 XVII Olympiad so it's the first Olympic track I ran on - not bad for one day.
Officially, it took me 2 hours and 11 minutes (by my watch it took 3 minutes less). One negative note, this is the second race I've run since coming to Japan and I have zero medals to show for it...unheard of in the US. Nic wasn't able to make it because she didn't feel well - first race she has ever missed! I was sad that she wasn't there to motivate me but I knew she'd be proud of me so I kept "fighting" - that's what the Japanese spectators urge you on with..."keep fighting."
Thanks to the stranger who offered to take my picture.